Friday, October 28, 2011

Voting for Judges

Here in New York we elect our Judges. You understand the critical role judges play in our legal system, having read dozens of cases (or is it thousands?). Even though I cannot vote (voting rights for Virtual Cats???), I have found a great site to be informed about judicial candidates - New York State Judicial Candidate Voter Guide .

And, if you are confused (as I was) about the different courts and districts in Nassau County, you can read a brief description on the same page. For more detail on the court system, link to New York State Courts - an Introductory Guide . The first few pages have a great explanation of the jurisdiction of the various courts.

Make sure you go out and vote! I would if I could.
Ernster, the Virtual Library Cat

No comments: