Friday, October 07, 2011

More on paper research

I've been eavesdropping at the Reference desk and overhearing lots of questions regarding researching non-legal articles. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned legal articles indexes - Index to Legal Periodicals and LegalTrac.

Well, there are many really useful non-legal articles indexes as well. You can see a Subject Listing at the University Research Databases page. (You will be prompted to log into the Portal). I usually start with the multi-disciplinary index Academic Search Premier, so I do not need to figure out which subject listing to check. For Psychology and Sociology articles, two of my favorites are PsychINFO and Sociological Abstracts.

There are many other subjects available, so check out the subject listing.

Ernster, the Virtual Library Cat

No comments: